Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It's completely normal to have questions about your dental care and our practice! We encourage our patients to ask questions. After all, that's how you make informed decisions!
We'll always take the time to explain diagnoses and treatment options to you, and if there's ever anything you need more information on, don't hesitate to let us know!
We've collected some of the most commonly heard questions at our practice. Feel free to look through and see if your questions are answered here. If your question isn't here or you'd like more information, give us a call!
- Why does getting a crown require two separate appointments?
- I'm unhappy with the appearance of my smile. How can I whiten my teeth?
- What can be done about my sensitive teeth?
- Why should I have two cleanings each year?
- My dentist told me I have a cavity, but my tooth doesn't hurt. Shouldn't my tooth hurt when I have a cavity?
- Why should I floss?
- What can I do if my old retainer doesn’t fit anymore?
- What’s the difference between a simple extraction and a surgical extraction?
- How are extractions done?
- Do I need a root canal?
- How is root canal therapy performed?
- My crown is old and broken. What should I do?
- What is the difference between a crown and a bridge?